All this talk and.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampsauce

Sous Chef
All this talk, pictures and videos have got me inspired. Soooo saturday evening before the race, the neighbor and I are having our first annual Mothers Day, Return Of the Southern 500 Crawfish Boil!! Just ordered 30lbs live crawfish and some..................................................Ready to fry Crawfish Boudin Balls. Cant wait. Im not into videos, well the ones Greg will let me put here :LOL:, but i will take some pictures. Thanks JB and Sapo for the inspiration ;) .

BONE HEADS said:
Where did you order them from? i have been thinking about doing some.

My neighbor is in charge of ordering, I am cooking. I told him about Toney's, where JB got his stuff. I will know more later.

Cool, you are going to have a blast!!! Enjoy the time with the Mom's...You only have one :D

Wow this is ironic cuz the warden and I have been invited to a big annual crawdad deal a fella puts on down here. He drives his truck 40 miles E. of Shreveport just to buy bugs. He say if you want big ones you got to go get em yourself cuz the coonasses only export the small ones. Not sure how many he buys but the folks who come to his party numbers in the hundreds. He usually has two frying catfish and a coupla bbq pits and steak grills running too. Its quite a function. I will try to get a pic of his special bug cooker. Its huges and sets up in a trailer. Must be designed for County Fairs and such thangs. Should be burping beer whiskey and dads by Sat night:)

bigwheel

want a full report on the boudin balls. Never had one (or do they come in pairs?), but our board cajuns seem to like em.

SS used italian bread crumbs to make his fried balls, The ones from tonys used a cajun seasoned bread crumb mix.

They are real damm good too, we eat em for breakfast down here

BONE HEADS said:
Where did you order them from? i have been thinking about doing some.

The crawfish for our annual Head Suckin' are ordered from "Kyle LeBlanc Crawfish Farms" in Raceland Louisiana every year. Good crawfish.

Back
Top Bottom