Ah, Isn't It Nice....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
here this morning, no yelling, nobody with hangovers, just real quiet, calm and peaceful.

I really miss those guys, they better hurry up and get back here.

Yeah, your right Bruce. But give it time, Puff will wake up with a hangover and things can turn sour real fast. I spoke with those guys this morning at SOTB and they are having a blast!

:mornin:
No hangover here(I'm a professional)

Now what can I yell about :-k
It's way to quiet around her this morning, I wonder why :eek:

ScottyDaQ said:
Nothing on the pit... but Chicken wings later ... then ... get this...
Twinkie Tiramisu
How the hell do you make that, I haven't had a twinkie in years :eek:

Puff said:
ScottyDaQ said:
Twinkie Tiramisu

Well, I usually take the wing tip off (Larry likes to eat those, but he's a freak of nature). dredge them in seasoned flour, deep fry them at 385 then toss them in hot sauce. 8-[

ScottyDaQ said:
Puff said:
ScottyDaQ said:
Twinkie Tiramisu

Well, I usually take the wing tip off (Larry likes to eat those, but he's a freak of nature). dredge them in seasoned flour, deep fry them at 385 then toss them in hot sauce. 8-[

The Twinkie thing 8-[

Puff said:
ScottyDaQ said:
Puff said:
ScottyDaQ said:
Twinkie Tiramisu

The Twinkie thing 8-[
:grin: :grin: :grin:
8 cream-filled sponge cakes (recommended: Twinkies)
1 cup espresso or strong coffee, unsweetened
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/3 cup sugar
2 (8 3/4-ounce) packages mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
Yellow food coloring
10 vanilla wafers

Cut the sponge cakes in half lengthwise and fit the bottom halves into a 7 by 11-inch pan. Drizzle half the coffee over them.

Whip the cream to soft peaks and sweeten it with the sugar. Whisk the mascarpone cheese a bit to loosen it and fold in the whipped cream. Pour half of this mixture over the sponge cakes and spread it out evenly. Make another layer with the tops of the sponge cakes and drizzle them with the remaining coffee. Mix about 10 drops of food coloring into the remaining cream mixture, enough to make it the same yellow color as the sponge cakes. Spread this evenly over the sponge cakes. Coarsely crush the vanilla wafers and scatter them over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

An Italian cream cheese said to have originated in Lombardy in the 16th century. The name comes from the Spanish mas que bono (better than good). It has a soft and buttery consistency resembling stiffly whipped cream. Goes well as well with savory dishes as with fruit and desserts. It is found in most supermarkets and Italian grocery stores. It's in your local super market Im sure.

wittdog said:
That sounds good. What's mascarpone cheese? Could you use something else as a substitute?
I wouldn't. Like Pigs said... It's real subtle and tastes like butter with a little twang. Awesome stuf. It's great on toast, crackers, any cheese sauce. You gotta try it...you'll be hooked.

I’ll try the cheese, thanks for the recommendation you guys really know your stuff. I might even send the wife out to go get some. I got a stag party to go to tonight and that could be what the Doc orders as a late night snack, after a couple of sliders with the works. Between the grease in the sliders and the twinkes soaking up the alcohol and the extra sugar should do the trick

Sprinkel some grand marnier in there if it's for a sag! :D Good stuff indeed. It's not cheap, But will add a total diffrent layer of depth, And flavor to it. I would recomend it.

Bruce B said:
here this morning, no yelling, nobody with hangovers, just real quiet, calm and peaceful.

I really miss those guys, they better hurry up and get back here.

No hangover, just a splitting headache and an upset stomach...must have got some bad 'slaw with my fish fry last night...Couldn't have been the beer, or the shots, or the bloody mary's...

Yea, That's it. Damn slaw, Or it may be just the trees budding. Yea, That's it. That's the ticket. I'm fine as long as large amounts of adult beverages are involved. :grin: Ya got to keep that slaw cold ya know. :grin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom