A well deserved vacation...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Taking a well deserved vacation.. Leaving for Memphis in the am.. also a few days in Nashville.. Plan on giving my liver a good workout !

Pack your shootin iron. That area is supposed to be nearly as dangerous to honkeys as Chicago per capita. If they happen to be riding a Shetland..or maybe a low Rider..shoot low. Or thats the way some claim it should work. Let us know. Thanks. Take a pic or two if you go by the place where the blubber lipped boy used to shoot flashbulbs in the cement pond with his .22. Now is that normal?

Good point Puff..that is called fois grass or similar amongst the frog eating Frenchies. As my dear old Daddy was often heard to say..Them folks will eat anything. I seen in action one night on TV eating whole roasted Sparrows..guts feathers and all..they also put a towel over their head to hold in the subtle nuances. Would be enough to make a Red Neck puke..nearly.

We will only be in Memphis Sunday afternoon and evening. We will be pickeling our livers in Nashville most of the weekend

What did we decide about the chili at Tootsies? I forgot about that deal but remember Tom T. Hall claimed it used to be good. How about Hotsprings in March? The Warden claim she gonna drag us down there. Wanna meet and split a soda? You are the only world traveler I know at the time. In fact all the able bodied could make an appearnce. They claim this a nice no tell motel and this come from the eldest of the high rolliing male chillins who has supposedly actually stayed there at some point in time..so it bound to be accurate since he was the one to have been raised right. Let me know. Thanks.

Arlington Hotel

Memphis is best in May, particularly the weekend of the BBQ Festival. Beale Street is a must see.

Pepsi? I think only Mo mos drink that stuff. I would hold out for the Coke feastival..or maybe the Dr. Pecker deal at Dublin. I am an old Coke man. This could be detrimental to certain things.

Well, memphis was a big disappointment.. Had some gumbo at BB Kings place that was basicly a bowl of rice with a gumbo flavored gravy. Nashville rocked, as always.

Yeah John..good try. No trip for you. Sorry to hear about the crappy gumbo. Now not sure who woulda thunk of trying to find good cajone food in Memphis. Prob the same guy who go looking for a good T Bone steak at the local burger joint maybe? Yall gonna need some Smart Pills.

Ok, pic of the street sign on Beale St... I also have some video, but Ill be damned if I know how to get that up here...

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 216
Back
Top Bottom