A real cajun crawfish boil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found this online:

If you do boil your own crawfish you should purge them. Purging means to soak them in water in order to clean them internally and externally. I use plain old fresh water, some folks add salt. The salt supposedly makes the crawfish regurgitate which is supposed to clean them out. If I were a freshwater crawfish and someone put me in a tank of salt water I think I'd just close my mouth... how about you? I've been purging with fresh water for years and it works just fine.

dollarbill said:
I found this online:

If you do boil your own crawfish you should purge them. Purging means to soak them in water in order to clean them internally and externally. I use plain old fresh water, some folks add salt. The salt supposedly makes the crawfish regurgitate which is supposed to clean them out. If I were a freshwater crawfish and someone put me in a tank of salt water I think I'd just close my mouth... how about you? I've been purging with fresh water for years and it works just fine.

I read this also.

I also read that tap water does makes them regurgitate all by itself.

i have been boiling crawfish now for sometime now (23 years) . Purging to me is fine with just fresh water but.....if your gonna boil two sacks purge them with salt to clean the dads' real good . That way you can use the same water for the next boil just add more flavors . NEVER use the water for 3 boils . just my 2cents .

as far what to put in a boil ....... it's up to you as a cook . it's endless on what can go into a boil .

i say let the cooks just cook and the eaters eat .

Cliff H. said:
dollarbill said:
I found this online:

I read this also.

I also read that tap water does makes them regurgitate all by itself.

I wish it made em' sh**........I have to de vain em before i eat em' ....sorry JB I wouldnt make a good ol' southern boy....but I know how to talk like yall. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom