A quick Cajun dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
stills will be added later
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YwQFDDo8Eso&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YwQFDDo8Eso&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Looks good, JB.

They must peel crawfish tails by hand, huh? Hard to imagine how many of those little bitty things are in a pound, and how mind-numbing it must be to peel pound after pound of 'em. $12.99 doesn't sound so bad.

--John

Unity said:
Looks good, JB.

They must peel crawfish tails by hand, huh? Hard to imagine how many of those little bitty things are in a pound, and how mind-numbing it must be to peel pound after pound of 'em. $12.99 doesn't sound so bad.

--John

John that is correct, They pay a GOOD peeler $3 per lb. They can average about 50lbs of peeled meat per shift per man. They work in a cold room too. I have a friend who is a manager @ 1 facility who told me this, I can drive 60 miles & buy em at cost. Thats too much trouble for my needs. We will have a boil with friends & after all who help peel the leftovers git either CF stew or bisque within a few days.

wittdog said:
Looks good JB...I gotta find me some crawfish tails...

Dave they taste like a cross tween catfish & shrimp.... Kinda but kicked waaaayyyy up with the seasoning. & Boys don't never ever use no damm old bay in crawfish. Just don't do it. If ya do Yer bout NON UNION as they come........... BOY!

Another good looking meal prepared by JB. I know you know this but when I cook hushpuppies I dip my spoon in the grease then get a spoon full of hushpuppy mix and it fall off the spoon with ease.

looks good JF. Where are those men that sell the whole crawfish from the trailer? Also. I rechecked the price of the crawfish at the store and they are more that I thought. 10.99 for 1.5 lbs.. The vietnam ones suck. Just liek vietnam shrimp...yuck.. Gulf coast has a unique flavor from the muddy water of the mississippi. All you needed was some big blue crab stomachs.. I need some gumbo bowls if you see them... thankls

SS

Back
Top Bottom