A little help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
is needed! What brand, style size and what not do you that own stand mixers have? I'm looking to purchase a stand mixer and have no idea what to look for or to get.
Thanks

Now why you want one of them goofy thangs? KA is the standard of the industry. They are total peeces of sheet which weigh a lot and take up too much room. They peedle them to dumb housewives and sell them all kinds of worthless attachements which dont work worth a caca neither. They are good for making Meringue for chocolate pie is the only use I ever found for one. Course you got to have a woman handy who knows how to do it too.

bigwheel

We have a KA and love it...but most of the attachements are garbage...as for mixing it works great we use it for cookies and bread dough...and marshmellows...and anything else that needs to get mixed

Yeppers...and anybody dumb enough to buy the sausage making attachment should be took out and severely chastized. Now don't even get me started on the one supposed to shred lettuce. That company got too many injuneers sitting around trying to figger out ways to part dumb yuppie housewives from their dinero. My Mama could make Meriegune with a fork. Yall are just a bunch of lazy bones or you aint got no wimmen around to handle it.

bigwheel

We have a Kitchen Aid, and it works fine. As for the attachments, I've got no complaint about the ones we have. I've used the meat grinder, and it does a good job on relatively small batches. But I have not tried to use it to stuff sausage casings, so bigwheel may be right about that application.

As for needing a woman to use it, I know how to run every machine in my house, and can repair most of them if need be. Anybody who can't ought to turn in his Y chromosome. :mrgreen:

Kitchen Aide, ain't cheap, but a good product. Ours is old, but still runs like a champ! Plus ya can get some other attachments fer it.

Ours is a resteraunt duty unit though.

we do about 30 dozen cookies for Christmas, not sure how many cup cakes, and a few dozen cakes, with the Kitchen aid... without stepping up to a small Hobart, you just cant go wrong with the Kitchen Aid.. might want to take a ride over to Linens and Things.. they going out of business, and everything is 30% off..

http://www.kitchenaid.com/catalog/categ ... goryId=310

and here is Bizrates comparative prices

http://www.bizrate.com/mixers/products_ ... ixers.html

we got ours on one of those brakets that goes right under the cabinet. I'll post a pic later..

btw we use the pasta maker accesory on it about once a week, for more than a few years, and have never hsad a problem with it 8)

I have a Kitchen Aid and have never had any problems with it. They are on sale at different places right now. I got mine at Kohl's when it first opened here. Good luck...

I have a KA & after making umteen pizzas over the years the gearbox is starting to leak a little oil/grease. Mine is the large 6qt 600 series that KA claims will handle 5 cups of flour, we mix 4 cups batches for pizza dough.
This gives the mixer a super hard workout,
I think with 5 cups It would have smoked the moter long ago.
Nick get the larger 600 series it's only 50 bucks more

007bond-jb said:
I have a KA & after making umteen pizzas over the years the gearbox is starting to leak a little oil/grease. Mine is the large 6qt 600 series that KA claims will handle 5 cups of flour, we mix 4 cups batches for pizza dough.
This gives the mixer a super hard workout,
I think with 5 cups It would have smoked the moter long ago.
Nick get the larger 600 series it's only 50 bucks more

16.gif

Tannehill Kid said:
I'm in the marker for a mixer also. Don't know what you paid for that one. Found this one this morning while surfing the web. How does it compare. You also get a 50.00 visa card with this one.

http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?De ... 7345|58060

This one has the $50 Visa card, cookbook and if you take this color it's $299. $100 cheaper. I'm not concerned with the color, I'll make a cover for it if need be.

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KP26M1 ... 159&sr=8-1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom