A day of grazing with John Pen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I think that John & I managed to turn his WSM into a WMD. The day started innocently enough, John and his wife were going to come out here for the day and have a bite to eat along with some adult beverages. The menu (or feast)was as follows: we started the day with some Blue Lights, followed by Polish Sausage, Smoked Eggs, Smoked Cheese and Pickles. After that and copious quantities of adult beverages we moved on to the main courses, Ribs, Chicken, and the side dishes which John and his wife were nice enough to bring along, they were coleslaw and baked beans made with pieces of brisket that John had cooked the other day, and enough fixing’s to feed an army or stop the gas crisis for ABT’s. Those ABTs were scrumptious it was my first experience with them and I can see what all the hype is about. Man I could make a meal out of them alone. I think I will be keeping the fixings for them around the house. What’s not to love about a pepper stuffed with cheese, and wrapped in bacon. Followed by brownies with caramel and pecan’s (tank’s Mrs. Pen) and a Coconut cake that my wife made for dessert. There was so much food that we had to fire up 3 smokers. All this food for 5 adults and 2 children. The beans and coleslaw were excellent. I really like the non traditional ingredients in the Coleslaw. We had a great visit with the Pen’s they are super nice people. I was happy that John brought his WSM with him, it was cool to see it in action. I am now even more anxious for mine to arrive. A good time was had by all .here are a couple of pics from our day of grazing. Missing form the pics are a rack and a half of ribs that were but on early for the boys to eat and the adults to snack on. I also have two butts that are still on Buford. Stay tuned if a mushroom cloud is reported over the WNY area it’s just the ABTâ€

Burp.... :)

Wow, what a great way to spend a day...tons of food, adult beverage and good company. If we had any need to choke a horse on friday, we definetly had enough food. Took enough grubb home that I wont have to cook for a week ( I will, I just wouldn't have to). Looking forward to another trip to West Seneca out to the Witt Estate. The Witts were great host's, although, I was put to work while I was there, I was still able to sneak a few beers in during breaks...

Dog you are personally meeting many folks from BBQ-4-U and we are hearing from them again! That's a good sign!!! 8-[

Larry Wolfe said:
Dog you are personally meeting many folks from BBQ-4-U and we are hearing from them again! That's a good sign!!! 8-[
No bean induced heart attacks :!: :eek:

Puff said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Tht only happens in the BBQ capital of the country ~ Cleveland! #-o

The Joker said:
Puff said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":i4gskx6m]Dog you are personally meeting many folks from BBQ-4-U and we are hearing from them again! That's a good sign!!! 8-[
Tht only happens in the BBQ capital of the country ~ Cleveland! #-o[/quote:i4gskx6m]

:lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao:

Good one Bill !!!

brian j said:
great looking food and it sounds like you guys had a great time. where are the stupid human pics taken after consuming all those malted beverages? :D

Ummm..what happens at Witts place stays at Witts place ?? :bar:

john pen said:
[quote="brian j":3kx03u3l]great looking food and it sounds like you guys had a great time. where are the stupid human pics taken after consuming all those malted beverages? :D

Ummm..what happens at Witts place stays at Witts place ?? :bar:[/quote:3kx03u3l]
Yeah what John said

Back
Top Bottom