A bad day salvaged...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry D.

Head Chef
To make a long story a little shorter: I had to leave home very early this morning, to go to a location outside my usual work territory, and was not in the best of moods. BUT, as I was looking through a grading contractor's shop, I spotted a pit mounted on a trailer. I commented on what an unusual piece of construction equipment it was, we got to talking about bbq, and before I left, he gave me a bag with about 15 pounds of nice, dry oak smokewood from his personal stash. On the way back home, I stopped in Lexington NC for a late lunch at Lexington BBQ (aka Lexington #1). Got home, took out the beef ribs I'm cooking tomorrow for WSM Smoke Day. As the beer ads say, it doesn't get any better than this! :boing:

wdroller said:
Larry, if I lived as close to Lexington as you do, I'd eat at L#1 every day. 'Cept Sunday.

Even if I ate in Lexington every day, I'd have to split my time between L#1, The BBQ Center, and a couple of others. Wouldn't want to get in a rut. :!:

brian j said:
how far is charlotte from lexington? i've been to charlotte many times for business but never seem to have time to make the drive to lexington.

Next time you're in Charlotte, consider making the relatively short drive to EB's BBQ in nearby Indian Trail: http://www.ebsbbq.com/

Back
Top Bottom