911 I'll never forget - where were you when it happened? - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > Corporate Administration > General (Non-BBQ) Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
Official BBQ Central Mark

911 I'll never forget - where were you when it happened?

This isn't political either - it's our history now.
I was just getting off work and turned on the Tv to find live coverage of some kind of accident.. I called my Mom in california and she was watching it too, when all of a sudden the second plane hit the other tower. I ran outside and screemed into the air "WHY?".. and then the anger came.. I might not talk about it all the time, but I will never forget what happened to out fellow citizens... Please don't let this become political at all.. Just where were you at the time.. Thanks for a great forum too Greg!!!

surfinsapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:20 AM   #2

I was in my office at the police department, when one of my dispatchers yelled in that a plane had just hit the World Trade Center, we were glued to the TV for most of the rest of the day.

Rubbed, Smoked, and Sauced Competition BBQ Team-
22 1/2" WSM, 2 18 1/2" WSM's, 22 1/2" Weber Kettle
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:20 AM   #3
Web Celeb

I was driving out to see a customer in Sandusky, Ohio...on a remote side road listening to Howard Stern...they announced a plane had flown in to one of the WTC buildings...I thought it was a little single prop...then Robin Quivers said it was a jet...and then said another one had slammed in to the other building...Howard said we were under attack...I tuned to an all news station locally who had coverage and it was shocking to hear the events unfold...I tuned back to Howard and listened as the towers both fell down to the ground. They stayed on the air till well past 1 or 2 pm that day explaining what was happening. It was not funny...it was scary as hell and I will never forget it
Old 09-11-2007, 09:22 AM   #4

I actually slept through it..I got off mids and went to bed @ 8am. My daughter came over and woke me up at noon to tell me..I thought she was makinig it up..I still get chills...
john pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:26 AM   #5

I remember It still pisses me off
Yes beer qualifies as an appetizer

BOY!

http://www.youtube.com/user/007bondjb
007bond-jb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:31 AM   #6
BBQ Central Pro

I was driving to the auto parts store to get a battery for the car. Ended up sitting at the city counter watching it as it happened...stunned in silence with the others. I lost a friend that day on flight 93 and another son of a friend that will never be the same after the things he witnessed from below the towers. I was on the top of one taking the public tour just a month before. I keep those pictures as a reminder.

Curtis
cflatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:38 AM   #7

I was in the Prince William County Courthouse getting married. We came out all happy and giddy and the secretary was crying hysterically.
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:38 AM   #8

I remember watching it in disbelieve and being proud that the towers were still standing after getting hit by planes…then being horrified as they came down……I also remember it being a beautiful fall day here in WNY with clear skies and just how quite it was after they grounded all the planes….and speaking with a neighbor who was a veteran of WWII and him saying he never thought he would feel that way again after Pearl….and wondering what kind of world my unborn child was going to be born into…..

I get more sauced then my Ribs

My Bark is as good as my Bite!

Swine so fine it's Criminal

Never trust a skinny cook!!!!!!!!
wittdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:53 AM   #9
Smoker

I was a Company Commander (Drill Instructor) at Coast Guard Training Center Cape May, NJ training recruits.

In a strange sort of way, it was a good place to be at the time.

It solidified why I was their, and gave the recruits a real life lesson as to why they were there. It also helped to put the Coast Guard on the map, and shed some light as to what we do every day.

So in my mind is was a very tragic day that cost many innocent lives, but I was able to find some good in it.

May we never forget why we fight, and what we stand for as a country!!!!!!

Tim
CarolinaQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:04 AM   #10
Saint O'Que

I was renting a room at the time from my co-worker just across the street from the university I went to (here in CA). Religiously in the mornings I would wake up and turn on The Today Show. That morning I didn't turn the TV on. I got up super early and finished up my statistics work for class later that day then went back to bed. Their kids came over and woke me up and said turn on the TV you're never going to believe what just happened....I watched the first tower crumble down around 7am or something.