8 track

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
I couldn't find the other thread where tis was talked about. All this stuff works too

Smokey_Joe said:
BMChevyGrl said:
Where's the reel-to-reel?

:oops: she's tellin' your secrets BOY!

No Joe I do CD's & DVD's now. The old 8tracks were a history nastalic thing. They won't plat anymore anyway. I tried to copy an old 8T to CD & the foam behind the tapes head alinment thing was deterioated soo bad it would not play correctly. they also will break when the channel change foil passes true da head area.

Yeah the reel still works I'll take some stills of it With my LP collection

Victrola.gif

--John

I would hate to see what's in your attic.... I got rid of my last 8 track player in 1988

I have converted all my CDs to MP3s.....now I am looking for a phono analog to digital converter to rip all my old vinyl...and there is tons of it. There is digital processing programs now that can remove almost all of the scratches in the sound as well.

BchrisL said:
I have converted all my CDs to MP3s.....now I am looking for a phono analog to digital converter to rip all my old vinyl...and there is tons of it. There is digital processing programs now that can remove almost all of the scratches in the sound as well.

Man the hiss & scratchs were what made LP's so Sexy. It brings a tear to my eye, they hold many fond memories. Just like playin brushes on a old old jazz dance song Does :cry:

You must be a young Boy BL :roll:

surfinsapo said:
I would hate to see what's in your attic.... I got rid of my last 8 track player in 1988

Haven't had a 8-track player in eons...but for some reason them dang tapes hung around forever in the corner....

Hoffa is in the other corner :oops:

Ive got an 8 track in my garage down at camp..got a few Santana tapes and Yes's Fragile album...garage sale season is comming soon and I hope to get more !

I remember the guy (kid) at the audio shop convincing me that 8-tracks were better than cassettes because there's more tape width (so they don't cramp the music, I guess) and you don't have to turn them over. Made sense.

--John

Unity said:
I remember the guy (kid) at the audio shop convincing me that 8-tracks were better than cassettes because there's more tape width (so they don't cramp the music, I guess) and you don't have to turn them over. Made sense.

--John

It a lie! 8 tracks L & R T1 - T4 on a 1/4inch tape? Hell thats crame packed.
Even on my Sony recorder the specs are 40 to 13,000 hz. That sucks,
a casset with high bias Cro2 tape is 30 to 16,000 hz. I think Metal tape is 20 to 18,000 hz.

The real problem with 8T is wow & futter as the the tape & drive belt in the player gets old.

I think you can still buy blank 8Ts from radio shack. Don't know why one would though

John I have the yes fragial on 8t also

Back
Top Bottom