31 dead at Virginia Tech--campus shooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bet some of those killed tried to stop him. That nut might have been fast as Billy the Kid, we dont know. Sick is what all of this is.

Not arguing Dale...but from all of the accounts, no one tried to disarm him...lots of people turning desks over and keeping doors shut...again...this is what I have been hearing and reading.

It is weird to be alive in this time...we have seen the worst terrorist attack on our soil and now the worst mass shooting...cripes! :shock:

Greg, thanks for the info. I must admit that I havent had the TV or radio on much lately. I knew about this act of terror but none of the details, I just thought some of the victims would have at least thrown a book or a chair, something at the nut. But I'm not arguing anything either.

wdroller said:
DaleP said:
Greg, thanks for the info. I must admit that I havent had the TV or radio on much lately. I knew about this act of terror but none of the details, I just thought some of the victims would have at least thrown a book or a chair, something at the nut. But I'm not arguing anything either.

How do you know that they did not? Where are you getting all your information to the contrary?

no one can speak for every moment of it, but Greg's info may have come from some of the kids interviewed this morning. they were basically saying most were hiding or trying to block the doors so he wouldnt come back in.

wdroller said:
DaleP said:

How do you know that they did not? Where are you getting all your information to the contrary?

I have seen many students interviewed on the news stations...some had even been shot...none of them mentioned that anyone, themselves included, took action to stop the guy from continuing to shoot...I am just repeating what has been on the news...not saying anything to the contrary... :cry:

Greg Rempe said:
wdroller said:
DaleP said:

I have seen many students interviewed on the news stations...some had even been shot...none of them mentioned that anyone, themselves included, took action to stop the guy from continuing to shoot...I am just repeating what has been on the news...not saying anything to the contrary... :cry:

I think the general person in panic conditions works on fight or flight instincts and nothing more.

Now you take a group of young minds that have no, to minimal exposure to any type of emergency. Plus the fight instinct in humans is mostly triggered in panic situations by need to protect family and loved ones and property....oddly enough... self preservation 99% of the time triggers the flight part.

I can sit here and surely say that I'd do something...ANYTHING!... but it's easy to say with plenty of forethought and safety. NO ONE knows what they would do unless injected into that SPECIFIC moment... not even one similar.

My original point was, that these are children who are the same age as many who stormed the beaches at Normandy and Iwo Jima. We are not a "we" society anymore. We are a "me" society.

To the Imus point, I hope the Rutgers coach now sees the utter sillyness of her "scarred for life" comments now....... :oops:

of all the reports I have read here is the only one that shows someone putting their life in harms way to protect others.
Not saying there werent others that did. Its just what I read

"Prof. Liviu Librescu, 76, an Israeli born in Romania, survived the Holocaust and built an international reputation for his research in aeronautical engineering. He taught at Virginia Tech for 20 years. According to e-mails sent by students to his family, the professor saved their lives by blocking the doorway of his classroom from the approaching gunman before Librescu was fatally shot, as students jumped out of windows. He will be buried in Israel. "

cbsnews

Woodman said:
My original point was, that these are children who are the same age as many who stormed the beaches at Normandy and Iwo Jima. We are not a "we" society anymore. We are a "me" society.

To the Imus point, I hope the Rutgers coach now sees the utter sillyness of her "scarred for life" comments now....... :oops:

I couldn't agree with you more....and that's scarring me, believe it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom