1911 Recommendations...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Slow

I'm here for the food...
I've got two already and they're good guns, a Taurus and a S&W... looking at something different, maybe a double stack (gasp) or maybe even a polymer frame (JESUS!) gun. Looking for full size, 5". Not stuck on .45 ACP either, would consider .40 S&W. I see Para has some double stack models. Any experience?

You need an FN Brand in a stubby .223 case. Holds 20. Goes through body armor like a knife through hot butter. Them things come out of there screaming. Lady at work has one. They are pricey I think.

Yeppers suspect thats it. She got some silicone and snagged her a sugar daddy a few years back. Got any ball park figgers on the price? How fast do it travel? How do it beat the Feds on the no hand held rifle or shotgun statute?

bigwheel said:
Yeppers suspect thats it. She got some silicone and snagged her a sugar daddy a few years back. Got any ball park figgers on the price? How fast do it travel? How do it beat the Feds on the no hand held rifle or shotgun statute?

I don't think it does with US ammo. It took a while to de-tune the ammo to make it fit US regs. That's why you could buy the gun way b4 you could buy ammo here.

Well, you know in 1911 they started out being Colts. Right now I don't have a 1911. It's on my list and when I get one it's gonna be a Colt. That's what the C in .45 ACP stands for.

If you are going to go double stack why not get a Glock? Also, be sure to give Tim at Swamp Sauce a shout...he owns a gun shop and has a wonderful selection to buy from! I have purchased two guns from Tim and he is a pleasure to do business with!

Being a pretty active gun trader and prior FFL holder I have had a bunch of 1911's and can say that I prefer the more modern polymer framed guns such as Glocks, Heckler & Koch, etc. I even had a Kimber that was a Jam-o-matic. However, I will say that if I were buying a 1911 today it would be a Springfield Armory "Loaded" model. My last one would eat any ammo and never jammed.

Here is a GREAT article from Field & Stream online ------Best Shot With A 1911--Ever.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/gun ... -1911-ever

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom