WSM with Digi Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgs80

Assistant Cook
I am thinking about buying the wsm 22.5.I also have heard that the wsm works great with the Digi Q II.Can anyone give me some insight on this.Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
Keith

Keith I have both an 18.5 and a 22.5 and use a Cyber Q II and a Nano Q on them, probably more the Cyber Q, both work as advertised and are fairly reliable. I did have an issue with my Cyber Q and was charged $108 to get it repaired. I'm a geek and like the electronics and that is probably the reason I have and use them. Many on this Board would tell you get the WSM, break it in and it will run 225° - 250° day and night without the electronics, I agree. I would say buy the WSM try it and then if you want to add the toys do it.

I think Bruce tried that. I don't know if it would matter the 22.5 is a lot bigger than the 18. Alot more air to heat up and move and you tend to add more meat...ie a whole brisket instead of a flat.

Nick Prochilo said:
Has anybody with a 22" tried using the ring from an 18" for the charcoal? I wonder if that would work more better?
I have NOT. But I have read reports over on Larry's favorite forum :LOL:(VWBB) that many people do. They seem to like the set-up, and get better fire control. If I ever get the WSM22, I will surely try it, because I already have the parts from my 18. ;)

BOB
where is Larry these days?

Bob In Fla. said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":9c2i1yzt]Has anybody with a 22" tried using the ring from an 18" for the charcoal? I wonder if that would work more better?
I have NOT. But I have read reports over on Larry's favorite forum :LOL:(VWBB) that many people do. They seem to like the set-up, and get better fire control. If I ever get the WSM22, I will surely try it, because I already have the parts from my 18. ;)

BOB
where is Larry these days?[/quote:9c2i1yzt]

He's lurking around. He's here more then anybody else, he's being a jerk about something and doesn't post.

Hope the young man was not abducted by space aliens. They claim the sex tests can be grueling.

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Bob In Fla.":l3g8fm9t][quote="Nick Prochilo":l3g8fm9t]Has anybody with a 22" tried using the ring from an 18" for the charcoal? I wonder if that would work more better?

BOB
where is Larry these days?[/quote:l3g8fm9t]

He's lurking around. He's here more then anybody else, he's being a jerk about something and doesn't post.[/quote:l3g8fm9t]
Is he one of those guys that has a birthday every day like these guys:"PoriFoona (27), jerseyivu (26), bootbleda (25), Diosolenold (25), imminnaFumb (25), BrankoDick (24), Smithh (23), Jimmyvnn (23)" or one of those "bots" that are always on line? :? :shock: :oops: :roll: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: or lurking incognito?

BOB 8) :LOL: :?

Bob In Fla. said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":15sb0pq3][quote="Bob In Fla.":15sb0pq3][quote="Nick Prochilo":15sb0pq3]Has anybody with a 22" tried using the ring from an 18" for the charcoal? I wonder if that would work more better?

BOB
where is Larry these days?[/quote:15sb0pq3]

He's lurking around. He's here more then anybody else, he's being a jerk about something and doesn't post.[/quote:15sb0pq3]
Is he one of those guys that has a birthday every day like these guys:"PoriFoona (27), jerseyivu (26), bootbleda (25), Diosolenold (25), imminnaFumb (25), BrankoDick (24), Smithh (23), Jimmyvnn (23)" or one of those "bots" that are always on line? :? :shock: :oops: :roll: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: or lurking incognito?

BOB 8) :LOL: :?[/quote:15sb0pq3]

No, not even incognito, his name is down below and then it vanishes! :roll:

Back
Top Bottom