WSM Door Mod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
It preheats much faster now with this mod. Had a damaged top at the store so I drilled out the rivet and used stainless hardware with a lock nut.

img_240825_0_2f9b82d60ad7151f745ef0d6a146717c.jpg

img_240825_1_7bf323455ea91df67a1118a08ea4b120.jpg

I can't take the door off because I used furnace cement to permanently ( take that spelling Nazi ) mount the door to the body. No leaks. Next is a couple of handles (wood) from a trashed ECB. Along with one bolt casters on the legs. That way I can whiz the fire out with a garden hose and just roll it in the garage. Sure as hell if I leave it out, it will be a GONE! Damn stealing low life's . I also want to replace all the hardware with stainless, using acorn nuts on the out side. I think that would look cool. The hunt is on for a wooden handle from a old kettle to refinish for the top. That may take a while. I'll find one, Just a matter of time.

These will do fine. Polish up the aluminum, and refinish the wood. That poor thing has been to hell and back many times over the years. I have another ECB top in the garage. I'll take the handle off that too. Then the both go to the trash dudes. I have my eye on a hinged lid trash container at Wally World to keep my lump and wood in. Has a hole in the front for a pad lock. I'll just run a chain threw that to a eye bolt screwed into the house. Yea, got to lock that puppy up too so the scum bags don't steal that too.
img_240831_0_a974a8116ca2be01c6433d7f8110b5dd.jpg

Nice mod.

A member was making some wooden handles for the Weber and selling them but I forgot who. I need a new handle also.

John, if you find him, let me know please. I can weld, do fab with steel, But when it comes to wood I'm a spaz. It will take me a month of Sundays to find a old kettle handle. Just have to keep going to the junk yard and keeping my eyes pealed. I'm the Devil with a torch, and hell with a welder. Wood? Forget it. (FAIL!!) Any help would be cool. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom