WSM Cart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swamprb

Assistant Cook
OK- This is still a work in progress but I thought I'd share it with everyone. I found an abused Weber Performer grill that was in pretty bad shape and did a little bit of modification and now have a mobile cart/workstation for my WSM's. Using the parts from the grill I added shelf supports to make a side table and have a piece of 1x6 Ipe decking for the front shelf. The legs of the WSM's sit in 1 1/2" ABS pipe plugs.

img_108906_0_614eac7a809292178f2519abac678a34.jpg
[/img]
img_108906_1_da8ea06bcce1bf050acbdc6f86617f6e.jpg

img_108906_2_90008f02641e0fb25b3069509b4f0045.jpg
[/img]

I've added a piece of stainless on the left side, and working on a drop in sheet of stainless to use with one WSM. Let me know what you think, I'm still tweaking it!

Brian

The access doors pull out and lift up, the shelf is stationary but there is ample room to poke around if needed. Not really a concern, since I don't really do a lot of cooking on the lower grate and not using water in the pan. Pizza stone in the pan mod!

Maybe matching side tables that fold down out of the way when not in use. And maybe some hooks on the front of the work shelf to hang BBQ Tools on. Other than that it looks great...good job!!

D.Harris said:
Are the pipe plugs drilled and mounted or spot welded? Nice looking cart, the hardest part would be finding a used Performer.

He said the plugs were ABS, so I'm betting on drilled and bolted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom