Why I love my wife...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Woke up this eve to get ready for work, butt dragging into the living room heading for the shower...big box right in the middle of the room..have to go around it (grumbling under my breath of course)...Its covered with a blanket..I just figured my grand daughter was playing there..wife tells me to take the blanket off it..Its a brand new WSM she got me for my Birthday !!!

I cant wait to get home in the am and put it together, then go clear and clear a spot in my attic for it !!!

I think a brisket would be a good way to break it in...

john pen said:
Woke up this eve to get ready for work, butt dragging into the living room heading for the shower...big box right in the middle of the room..have to go around it (grumbling under my breath of course)...Its covered with a blanket..I just figured my grand daughter was playing there..wife tells me to take the blanket off it..Its a brand new WSM she got me for my Birthday !!!

I cant wait to get home in the am and put it together, then go clear and clear a spot in my attic for it !!!

I think a brisket would be a good way to break it in...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Very nice John!! You've got a heck of a wife there bud! Happy Birthday and enjoy your WSM!!! Congratulations, now you won't have to boil your ribs! 8-[

Weren't you kind of hoping for a Gator pit? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Nice score there John boy, Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

Happy b-day, ya' know if ya' use that in your attic you might burn the house down :eek:

John make sure you inspect it before you plan on cooking on it. I just opened mine that I ordered a week or so ago and the whole mid-section is out of whack and the lid has a big chip taken out of it. Amazon is sending a new one ASAP.

John, check to see if the middle section is perfectly round. You can take a tape measure and go across the big opening in several places to see.
Weber will ship you another middle section if it's not right.

Captain Morgan said:
John, check to see if the middle section is perfectly round. You can take a tape measure and go across the big opening in several places to see.

Weber told me NO Cappy. They said since the lid had a chip in it and the mid section was out of wack to have Amazon replace it. Which they are, but I always here how good Webers CS is and this is the second time I've dealt with them and not had the excellent service I constantly hear about. No biggie since I'm gettin a new WSM, but I'd rather not have to package the defected one back to send back to Amazon.

wow, Big GQ just called weber (he didn't get his from Amazon) and told em about it. They answered a few questions and said it was a manufacturer problem, and they'd ship him a new middle section.
He then asked should he send the old one back, and they said no, keep it!

Theres a little dent in the top mid section, but it dosent appear to affect the seal on the lid...cant really see it unless you do the measure thing...gonna call where we got it and see what they say....

Just scored a brisket.. hoping to start it sunday eve for dinner on Monday..

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":1lx0vtop]John, check to see if the middle section is perfectly round. You can take a tape measure and go across the big opening in several places to see.

Weber told me NO Cappy. They said since the lid had a chip in it and the mid section was out of wack to have Amazon replace it. Which they are, but I always here how good Webers CS is and this is the second time I've dealt with them and not had the excellent service I constantly hear about. No biggie since I'm gettin a new WSM, but I'd rather not have to package the defected one back to send back to Amazon.[/quote:1lx0vtop]

You must have really bad luck Larry. When i bought my second one the lid had two chips and dents in the lid and before I could finish explaining everything Weber offered to send me a new one. :D With my first one the lid was out of round and they sent a replacement for that. :D I wonder what Garland is doing with that center section? :-k

Mine came from Amazon, middle section had a small dent with no holes in the box ...
I called Weber, they sent the parts diagram and asked me to identify the faulty part by number ... then said it would be on it's way.
No questions where I got it from.

Back
Top Bottom