Watcha Pit Look Like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The main deal with a reverse flow is you utilize the heat twice.... Here I thought with your vast knowledge of information that you would know this BW?

Kindly don't hold your old pal uncle bigwheel responsible for nutty thermodynamic injuneering theories coming out of Jawja peckerwoods. Thanks. lol.

i have had good luck with the reverse flows i have had that plate get hot when cookin chicken but not to the point of burning anything up but anything is possible it does even out the temps real well on my 500 gal.the temps run about 15 degrees from end to end and they are 38x73 inches the 250 runs about 20 degrees differnt I built both of those cookers and when i started doing research on what kind of cooker i wanted and i had the tanks so that is what i went with and i just thought they looked cool:p

old pic of me and my pit

img_254345_0_859298fcc7876e51482fdc2738012641.jpg

pic of me and my Gator Pit

Looking good Daryl. @LT think my pal had one of the smaller GA cookers. Big one might work just right and sounds like does.

Looking good Daryl. @LT think my pal had one of the smaller GA cookers. Big one might work just right and sounds like does.
Thank's BigWheel, I know you yourself dont care much for a off-set stick burner, but if anyone gets one it should be a good one, and big enought, 24 inch diameter or bigger and no smaller lenght than 40 inches,mine is a 24" x42" cooking chamber with a 24"x22" firebox my Gator Pit cooks really nice and hold seady temps without a fuss. It's a good one!

Thank's BigWheel, I know you yourself dont care much for a off-set stick burner, but if anyone gets one it should be a good one, and big enought, 24 inch diameter or bigger and no smaller lenght than 40 inches,mine is a 24" x42" cooking chamber with a 24"x22" firebox my Gator Pit cooks really nice and hold seady temps without a fuss. It's a good one!

I think if I were to hit the lottery I'd have a pit just like Daryl's. BTW Daryl good chili video.

If I had money I would get a Gambo! HA. I would also get BW a true smoker instead of the cheater electric smoker!!!!! HA!!!!

If I had money I would get a Gambo! HA. I would also get BW a true smoker instead of the cheater electric smoker!!!!! HA!!!!
I think ya mis-spelt Jambo dincha?

If I had the money, I'd just drive from mid-Floridaze to mid-Georgianna and pick up my Stump's Monster.

BOB

"DID" being the key word. Medical/accident conditions preventing me from working. My Monster is built and waiting for me to pick it up. Several attempts to get it here have fallen through...people that agree have no idea of the size and weight of it. It was named the "MONSTER" for a reason.

just a few of my smokers

Attachments

• smokers1.jpg
    smokers1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 577
  • 1000001443.jpg
    1000001443.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 561
  • smokers4.jpg
    smokers4.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
thanks going to build a vault style next week for my catering rig maybe put it in the truck with me

Back
Top Bottom