Spicewine basket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sawdustguy

Assistant Cook
I use a Large Spicewine Cooker for competitions. When I first got the cooker I filled the water pan and got 4 hour burns at best. Since then I built a charcoal basket, run the cooker dry and use a BBQ Guru. Now we get get 225* on the button for over 24 hours (we stopped counting at 24 hours). That means alot of sleep at contests now and a much happier crew. I thought I would share my simple basket with you. Don't make too much fun of me as I am only a beginner at welding.

Guy, how much charcoal do you typically go through at a comp.

I typically go through less than 10 lbs of lump on my Stumps for a comp. 50 lbs sounds like a lot of capacity.

Beautiful cooker!

I need a basket for my Peoria Custom Cooker. I only get a few hours at a time the way I am doing it.

I have a 2'x2'x2' Firebox.
The one they offer is this size.
charcbasket.gif

Looks small to me. What do you guys think?

Kloset BBQR said:
Guy, how much charcoal do you typically go through at a comp.

I typically go through less than 10 lbs of lump on my Stumps for a comp. 50 lbs sounds like a lot of capacity.

Beautiful cooker!

The basket holds 50 lbs and that 50lbs will cook for better than 24 hours. To cook a contest I use maybe 15 lbs of charcoal. I hear those Stumps are very economical on fuel. They are a very good smoker also.

Mike Hedrick said:
I need a basket for my Peoria Custom Cooker. I only get a few hours at a time the way I am doing it.

I have a 2'x2'x2' Firebox.
The one they offer is this size.
charcbasket.gif

Looks small to me. What do you guys think?
Ya Mike, a lil bigger box and raise it off the bottom for better air flow

Mike,

If you get a second basket or a larger basket I think you will be ok. Use the Minion method and I think you will get much longer burns.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom