Propane charcoal starter help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BayouChilehead

Senior Cook
I was watching one of 007bondjb's videos and he points out an oval propane burner he uses to start his coals. I have been searching the internet for one like it and I can't find one. Does anyone know where I can find that burner?

Can't make no ghurantees about that coonass Boy be up to with hard to find oval burners..but here in God's Country we use one of them thangs in the linke below. They is really Prickley Pear burners...yankees call em weed burners and snow melters etc. Now my uncle Jim who helped drive the sewercidal japs out of their hideyholes in Okinawa back during the Big War..WWII of course..would call it a Flame Thrower. His did not run on Propane but rather on Eythl gasoline and Ivory Snow Flakes. The snow flakes make the gas turn into a goo which stick to skin mo betta. It also called Napalm.

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisear ... burnerpane

bigwheel

I could send you the burner, but you need a valve and oriface to go in it and from there to the tank.

Let me know if you'd like a burner.

BayouChilehead said:
I was watching one of 007bondjb's videos and he points out an oval propane burner he uses to start his coals. I have been searching the internet for one like it and I can't find one. Does anyone know where I can find that burner?
I'm not sure what burner you are talking about. I know JB uses an old charbroil gas gill the start his coals in a charcoal chimney sometimes. So you have any type of propane burner for shrimp or crawfish boils? If so, just load up a charcoal chimney and put it on that baby and they will light fast. Good luck and Welcome.... :D

Here is an image of the burner.

MAR52, if this is the burner you are talkin about, email me and let me know the details to get it.

Have you tried home depot or Lowes? That looks like a regular gas grill burner modded to a propane tank.. Shoot 007bondjb a PM and see what he says... ;)

Easiest thing is to get a plumbers torch (around $30 at a hardware store). Less cumbersome and super easy to use with a chimney starter. You can also simply torch the charcoal in your fire box. No need to mess with LP tanks.

monty3777 said:
Easiest thing is to get a plumbers torch (around $30 at a hardware store). Less cumbersome and super easy to use with a chimney starter. You can also simply torch the charcoal in your fire box. No need to mess with LP tanks.
True True!!!

Thats the burner I use in my offset when smokin witt :LOL: gas. It was removed to smoke witt :LOL: charcoal & wood.
Its a cajun made afterburner

This is the burner I could send you:

2nroxs5.jpg

The venturi extends and bends.

Not sure how you'd connect it to the hose without a valve.

If you want it, just email me with your info.

007bond-jb said:
Thats the burner I use in my offset when smokin witt :LOL: gas. It was removed to smoke witt :LOL: charcoal & wood.
Its a cajun made afterburner
I didn't know you could smoke with GAS :LOL:

"This is the burner I could send you"

Thanks mar52, can't wait to get it hooked up'

"Dem Cajuns sure are smart"

Not all of us have ruined our brain cells drinking beer.....I did pass the third grade twice.

BayouChilehead said:
"This is the burner I could send you"

Thanks mar52, can't wait to get it hooked up'

"Dem Cajuns sure are smart"

Not all of us have ruined our brain cells drinking beer.....I did pass the third grade twice.
That was a shot a JB....I shouldn't lump everyone together :LOL:

Well I have tried to light charcoal fires with one of them little gizmos of which you speak and it did not work worth a caca. Now they do come in handy for lighting the flame thrower in case you didnt get the click it and use it type. I have heard of folks trying to crisp up chicken skin with one of them thangs and guess it must work under some cricumstances. It just always bust my skin. Think I was holding it too close maybe? Thanks.

bigwheel

monty3777 said:

monty3777 said:

I use propane gas for more than just lighting charcoal. I also boil seafood, fry seafood and I just purchased a large cast iron pot for making cracklin', jambalaya and gumbo etc. The plumbers torch was one of my first thoughts awhile back, but I figured since I already have the propane on hand I would just put together a firebox lighting system for the smoker. On the (lighter) side, does Monty come from Monty Python or Full Monty :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom