pitmaker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like a Backwoods with a peaked roof and possibly thicker walls allowing for more insulation.

Are they scared to show the prices?

BOB

Bob In Fla. said:
It looks like a Backwoods with a peaked roof and possibly thicker walls allowing for more insulation.

Are they scared to show the prices? Or is this a case of "If you have to ask, you can't afford it"?

BOB

I really like mine....

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,999
  • photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 2,731
  • photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 2,516
Never heard of a Chaney.
I've got a PitMaker Safe and GrillMeister Combo on order. Four weeks to go.

Thats where the electric element from the Brinkmann come in handy. Just slide it in the bottom and start cooking. Smart thinking. Might need to drill a hole in the fire door to run the wire. That aint no hill for a climber. I would like one with a flat roof so a person could set there root beer up there or whutever. Not sure why a dumb injuneer want to give it a peaked roof. That just dont seem right. The fella who makes the things might need our assistance.

The only thing I would change is the inlet vent. Someone on another forum suggested that a ball valve would give more control and I agree.
However, I have learned what settings will hold certain temperatures after several cooks, so it isn't as big a deal now.
I love my Safe. I've even waxed the nice red paint. Not too many smokers out there that run cool enough on the outside, to enable them to be painted something other than black. At 250degs inside, it is almost cool on the outside.

Hard to imagine one able to draw enough air through a ball valve..less it was a huge valve. In an ideal scenario the intake should deliver air the full width of the fire and with equal delivery split to the top and bottom of the fire grate. Would think the closer a person could adopt those parameters the closer to ideal would be the fire. Sliding louvers as on Kloses and Gators work best. Course since you got a bottom door that is a great place to intake air. Just open the door when it needs some air. Prop it open if needed. Smart thinking.

This pit is so efficient, that all I need to maintain 225 to 250 is about an 1/4" crack in the sliding vent.
So unless I'm really cranking up the temperature, a 2" ball valve would work great.
When I am heating up the chamber, I open all the way and then restrict the air flow about 25deg from my target temperature.
Of course I pre-heat the chamber with a weed burner torch and that usually gets me about 175deg before I even start the fire.

Holy smokes! Really? 4,000 bucks? Good lord. I felt guilty spending 300 on a WSM !
Nice looking cookers , tho....

Yes. It was costly. But as I get older, as with my tools, I only am satisfied with what I perceive as the best. I sold off my old smoker and a bunch of other stuff to be able to afford this.
Before this purchase I had a ceramic KAMADO that cost 1200 with shipping and that was over 10 years ago.
I enjoy this new combo a lot and that is what matters to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom