pitmaker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. It was costly. But as I get older, as with my tools, I only am satisfied with what I perceive as the best. I sold off my old smoker and a bunch of other stuff to be able to afford this.
Before this purchase I had a ceramic KAMADO that cost 1200 with shipping and that was over 10 years ago.
I enjoy this new combo a lot and that is what matters to me.

oh , I hear ya , man. No criticism implied at all. I am the same way. I tell myself , " I want this , I can afford it , and I'm getting it" I just always have that old mind set from when I was young and poor....I hope to see pix of your future smokes. Enjoy it , brother !

oh , I hear ya , man. No criticism implied at all. I am the same way. I tell myself , " I want this , I can afford it , and I'm getting it" I just always have that old mind set from when I was young and poor....I hope to see pix of your future smokes. Enjoy it , brother !

Hambone, one more justification beyond want and afford, at least at my house ... "My wife says I can buy it" ;)

Well its simply a king sized insulated rectangular WSM with front doors. The cooking process can be closely duplicated for a bunch less money. I teach folks how to this for only five bucks. Let me know. Thanks.

Okay now do that give you a full 2" to intake? If so that should be plenty. I airtake air to the big pit in the upright direct mode with a hole about the size of 50 cent piece directly under the fire. Thats also the grease drain hole. Biggest danger I have found on the tight running oxygen deprived upright strategy is getting over smoked. Very easy to do. I boiled down to only a slight amount of Oak and fruit wood. Hickory..Pee Can and Mesquite seem to be treacherous.

This pit is so efficient, that all I need to maintain 225 to 250 is about an 1/4" crack in the sliding vent.
So unless I'm really cranking up the temperature, a 2" ball valve would work great.
When I am heating up the chamber, I open all the way and then restrict the air flow about 25deg from my target temperature.
Of course I pre-heat the chamber with a weed burner torch and that usually gets me about 175deg before I even start the fire.

The cost of having fun keeps going up......

I like to fish about as much as I like to BBQ. I found myself second guessing myself for ordering a top-of-the-line smoker (the one you've seen on page one of this post).

Well, I found myself pondering this decision while walking around Bass Pro Shop's fishing area.....As I mentioned earlier, I like to fish. So I walked over to the bass boats they had on display there....$65,000 !!!
That doesn't include insurance, fuel, storage, etc.

As far as hobbies go, I'll have to stick to BBQing for now....

Person can supposedly burn up a bunch of un-needed funds going Golfing I heard. Gambling can get outrageous too. Who has thought about the essential extraction hobby? Now that is useful. This fella I know who knows a fella who got into that one said he aint been to the evil likker store in over a year. How many DUI's could that save? Person could buy a four hole Flute extractor for 4 thousand bucks. Put jack hangover plumb out of bizness so to speak.

Person can supposedly burn up a bunch of un-needed funds going Golfing I heard. Gambling can get outrageous too. Who has thought about the essential extraction hobby? Now that is useful. This fella I know who knows a fella who got into that one said he aint been to the evil likker store in over a year. How many DUI's could that save? Person could buy a four hole Flute extractor for 4 thousand bucks. Put jack hangover plumb out of bizness so to speak.
golf is expensive. Check.........gambling too. Check.......now it gets a little murky....essential extraction? Is this possibly some obscure reference to ......makin moonshine? Pleas forgive my ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom