New mod.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey_Joe

Head Chef
I added a work surface to my cooker this week. I got a used chunk of stainless countertop with moulded backsplash and I hung it across the front on a custom hinge I made, so it folds back up and over my work box/seat area for traveling. The 2"x2" support legs are made so they lift off and store on the trailer for towing.

This is cooker before:

This is cooker after mod./work surface installed

Here's some BBQ BLING BLING (stainless steel flames) I zipped out with my plasma & added too 8)

I bought it as "new" but it's the old thick heavy style. When I went to the local heating supply place I told them what I had in mind and they gave me a deal on that one.
They said it was new, but OLD.... but I suspect it was probably used and had been empty for a long long time.
After I cut it open it appeared clean but just to be safe I scrubbed it with a scouring brush and about a gallon of "Castrol's Super Clean"and burnt it out really good with several dousings of "Coleman Fuel" 2 gallons in all. That stuff REALLY gets hot! Then power washed it. Anyhow, if it was a used tank, I've had no issues with it yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom