NEED SOME HELP ON PIT BUILD... please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Ben. Check out my web site and see if that is the kind of smoker you need or want. If it is, let me know and I will send you what I have in drawings.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Hey Ben. Check out my web site and see if that is the kind of smoker you need or want. If it is, let me know and I will send you what I have in drawings.

Bill nice web site , I liked the look of you new pit , what would one of those run ?? I am Denmark South Carolina . Noticed you go to a cook off at Kings Mountain is that near Carlotte NC by any chance??

Let me check my Granger catalog. I would go with a shaded pole DC gear motor with a reostat. That way you could control the speed with out a whole bunch of pullys gears Chain and sprockets exc. I'll get back to you.

The majority of bbq pits built by folks over on the BBQ Forum, have a speed of 3/4 to 1 rpm. Don't know if this helps you at all but in searching there yesterday that seemed to be the speed most felt was the best for your type of pit.

Sorry, can't help you with the size motor it will take to move 200lbs, 1rpm. You've got my entire knowledge bank of off set rotisserie pits right here. :grin:

WalterSC said:
Bill The Grill Guy said:

Bill nice web site , I liked the look of you new pit , what would one of those run ?? I am Denmark South Carolina . Noticed you go to a cook off at Kings Mountain is that near Carlotte NC by any chance??

Hey Walter, thanks for checking out the site. Kings Mountain is near Gastonia NC. http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...dress=&city=kings+mountain+&state=nc&zipcode=

I will be there this year if you can make it, come by for a cold adult beverage.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
WalterSC said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":2c7wgtta]Hey Ben. Check out my web site and see if that is the kind of smoker you need or want. If it is, let me know and I will send you what I have in drawings.

Hey Walter, thanks for checking out the site. Kings Mountain is near Gastonia NC.

I will be there this year if you can make it, come by for a cold adult beverage.
[/quote:2c7wgtta]

Ok got the map whats the date so Niki and I can check the calendar??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom