Necessities for my first WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brewjester

Assistant Cook
Hi All,
I just bought a WSM and was wondering what are the necessities for starting to smoke? I'm a BBQ newbie and need some help figuring out what and where to start. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!!!
Jeremy

Charcoal, chimney, good set of tongs,a couple of thermometers and beer. You'll figure out what else you would like later.

Vermin999 said:
Charcoal, chimney, good set of tongs,a couple of thermometers and beer. You'll figure out what else you would like later.
That, and all of the above. Awaiting pics of the "break-in" cook! Good luck!

Great, Thanks guys. Got the beer cuz I homebrew. Got tongs from my grill, got a camera, and 2 thermometers, one has a temp probe.
Hope to post within the next few weeks, wont get it til next week or so. 21st then I'll break it in! Yippee!!!!

First step in the operation is to forget all this good advice. Get a flame thrower from harbor freight and put a fire in the hole. Takes about 20 seconds. Keep you eyes closed cuz it pops sometimes. Unless you got the tongs from Ace Mart they prob aint worth a caca. Kindly dont make me come up there. Or down there as the case may be. Thanks.

Well thats true Puff. Only thing better than beer is ho made beer where the brewer knows their stuff.

Goober said:
Well thats true Puff. Only thing better than beer is ho made beer where the brewer knows their stuff.
Goober! Long time no seeum! I concur on the brewing thing but regardless. Having beer whether ho brewed or store buyed is beer and will most likely help this fellow Q'er on his maiden voyage. Coolin' off in Texas yet? ;)

Yeah I have to agree. Washing all them crazy beer bottles drove the Warden nuts back when I made beer. Then I got a keg set up and she nagged about that too for some reason. It may have been the old alchyhol on the breath deal. Great to see you too Puff. It is supposed to get to 38 on Weds night I just heard. Guess the heat wave it over. Its been super nice the past few days. That is usually a bad sign.

Back
Top Bottom