My UDS build begins....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LoweJ82

Assistant Cook
Picked up two 55g drums this evening along with a 16g drum I couldn't resist the little guy, Will be burning them out tomorrow afternoon. I placed a couple ads for old weber grills on facebook and will be placing one on craigslist as well.

The 55g drums are 23" round on the outside and 22 3/8" on the inside of the lip and 35" tall. The 16g drum is 14.5"/14" & 27 1/4" tall.
Will be posting pictures along the way along with many questions I am sure.

CURRENT UDS BUILD COST $0.00 free drums with at least 6 more waiting at location. :grillin:

Hoping to have a smoke next week maybe some yard bird. I'm am trying to only have to buy the plumbing items. I have a lot of family in the neighborhood ill go check everyone's patios. I already checked my little bros and his is to small.

Poor mans smoker build

I made a little progress, these are closed drums so I cut out the top just inside the lip and then used a 4' right angle grinder and smoothed the cut edge out so it wouldnt cut anyone reaching down in the drum.

I will get the bottom vent holes drilled tomorrow and burn out the drum, Its a old oil drum so theres no liner inside to have to burn out I will just have to burn off the oil & paint.

well I kinda hit a snag, I havent done my burn off cause I decided to wait until I find a lid.

However I did find a lid for that 16g drum and have it burnt & drilled,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom