My lil 22" WSM Mods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jzadski

Assistant Cook
First was to put casters so I could move it. Next finding it a pain to use probe top vent and not wanting to drill through enamel coating. Probe is velcroed down and I used hi temp grommet and plug from McMaster Carr

Attachments

• wsm wheels.jpg
    wsm wheels.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 2,398
  • wsm velcro.jpg
    wsm velcro.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 673
  • wsm therm.jpg
    wsm therm.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,830
I also added a self stick hi temp seal I found at local green egg/fireplace shop

Attachments

• Seal WSM.jpg
    Seal WSM.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 631
Grate ideas. One more you might or might not have thought of...On the 18.5" WSMs, if you go to Home Despot or Blowes or a similar type place and buy a couple of "garage door handles" they fit pretty good using the same bolts that hold the upper and lower grates in place. Or is it the lower grate and the water pan. Can't remember, it's been a while, but they fit on the 18.5 with no drilling holes. You might want to check the hole spacing on the WSM 22. They mount vertically on the main body.

Good idea on that. I am waiting till they make one of the wide bodies with electricity in the fire area. Now that would be nice huh? Its driving me crazy to not be able to lay the ribs out flat. Is this normal?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom