my homemade smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smokey_Joe said:
You're correct Witt, it has been covered here in great lengths before, and it's not JUST the Zinc itself.... it's all the other chemicals and Chromates used in the Zinc coating process that leach off at different temps.

Fine then I guess it time to either scrap it or make something elese. I wish I could afford stainless steel plate but yall I make minimum wage working for family so I work with what I can get , I sure dont want to poison myself or others just to get a smoker . Ahh well back to the drawing board.

WalterSC said:
Smokey_Joe said:
You're correct Witt, it has been covered here in great lengths before, and it's not JUST the Zinc itself.... it's all the other chemicals and Chromates used in the Zinc coating process that leach off at different temps.

Fine then I guess it time to either scrap it or make something elese. I wish I could afford stainless steel plate but yall I make minimum wage working for family so I work with what I can get , I sure dont want to poison myself or others just to get a smoker . Ahh well back to the drawing board.

Ifun ya was closer you'd be welcome to come dig through any steel I have here to suit your needs.

WalterSC said:
Smokey_Joe said:

Try looking in a metal scrap yard in the area.

Tim

CarolinaQue said:
WalterSC said:
Smokey_Joe said:

Try looking in a metal scrap yard in the area.

Tim

Might try that or I could look into a refurbished grill at Southern Cookers out side of Orangeburg SC , he offered me one someone returned that he fixed for 1500.00 , might take awhile but he is really good at making them , alot of compeditors use his grills , and I trust him . Plan 2 find a cooker that might be upgrading to a bigger pit that might be willing to sell his for a marked dwon price, I am looking for a wood fired pit, I dont trust gassers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom