Jamie Geer Coming out of retirement!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope you finally get yours'. Can't wait to see the price with steel as high as it is right now. They are great looking pits and you can't argue with their success although the people cooking on them would win with anything. I don't quite understand how they work with the baffle going up and the heat exiting at grate level. Creates a very hot pocket at the top of the pit. Again, hope you get yours'. Where you gonna put this one??? ;)

Gonna have to have a garage sale on BBQ pits, I think! My wife likes that idea. The pit will definitely go in the garage. One of the cars is going to have to go outside, most likely mine!

You can imagine how well that went over with my wife Thom when I told her 1 day after the delivery truck pulled up with the Fatboy (which I had not told her about until then) that I was going to get a new pit!

My motto is its far easier to ask for forgiveness than permission!

We have 12 pits in the backyard
That really feels like enough
I am going to get a Ranch Kettle
Been Grilling a lot lately

Dallas, you should check with the state and find out if you need to have electric brakes on that. I think you'll find that you do for the weight and you should have them anyways. Don't leave it up to him to determine. Get a dark color. I'm happy fo you...and Rempe. He finally get to cook on a REAL pit. ;) :LOL:

Thanks for the advice Bubba. I'll definitely get them. I'm thinking of going with classic black for the color. Here is a picture of one of the smaller trailer mounted pits that Jamie builds. I like the color scheme of this one.

img_154606_0_68a23e0da0b6e48d8c6b74310e54a40e.jpg

Here are a couple of pics of Jamies personal pit:

img_154606_1_687591bce54cadb8369df847d7b8d9a3.jpg

img_154606_2_502526afd7a2601e5b8aef8810248d2a.jpg

This is a picture of Rod Gray's. Mine will look pretty close to his. I also like the color on this one. Not quite as flashy as the black and red.

img_154606_3_ce89ae8c3cb61c6f05c07598b4079bb7.jpg

Greg Rempe said:
Great news for YOU AND ME!! When do I get to come and grab up my new Klose?

Is tonight too soon? I'll be leaving Thursday for Indiana and won't be back until late Sunday afternnoon. That's a possibility also. Good luck with the pit! :D

It all goes back to my childhood Chris. My mama wouldn't let me have a pit and now look at me. :LOL:

I look forward to seeing you and Val at Oink!

Thom,

For a while, Jamie stopped building the larger pits because of the limited time he had building them and started building the smaller ones that looked like Indy cars like the black and red one in the picture on the previous page.

Jamie is now going to be making pits full time and will be offering three models. The large ones with the grill, the small ones, and a new backyard model which I haven't seen yet.

I saw yesterday that Tuffy Stone of Cool Smoke who already has one Geer pit (the small one) is getting ready to pick up two more. My guess is that he will now have one of each.

Kloset BBQR said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":3vro5ebs]Great news for YOU AND ME!! When do I get to come and grab up my new Klose?

Is tonight too soon? I'll be leaving Thursday for Indiana and won't be back until late Sunday afternoon. That's a possibility also. Good luck with the pit! :D[/quote:3vro5ebs]

Sunday later afternoon is best...no way I can do that tonight! LOL!! Email me what you think I need to do to it to get it in to game shape! Also, how many people do I need to lift it on to a truck and off a truck?

What is the size of the pit dimension wise?

THANKS DALLAS!!! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom