How many own a KLOSE PIT - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > BBQ Pit Mods
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2005, 06:14 PM   #1
Official BBQ Central Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1044
I do.

Before I bought mine, I looked at Gator and Klose. All things considered, you get the best with either. I don't think either is a wrong decision.

I decided on the Klose because of delivery time. I was trying to beat July 4th last year. Klose was a few weeks earlier on delivery.

I don't not like anything about it.

I hope to buy a Gator BYCC this summer or fall, or maybe a BFG (grill). Any other pit I may buy in the future will be Gator. Ritch & Co. are great peeps.
I take it by the charcoal chimney you didn't get the gas assist? Any particular reason? Just curious

Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 07:02 PM   #2
BBQ Centralite

James, it's a little of both!

Old 06-17-2005, 08:32 PM   #3
BBQ Centralite

Did you see the one somebody has on e-bay for $7500? Looks pretty good for the price!
Old 06-18-2005, 04:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Wolfe
I take it by the charcoal chimney you didn't get the gas assist? Any particular reason? Just curious
I didn't think it was worth $500.
Wow!!! I heard dat!! That would make me rethink as well!!
Larry Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:24 AM   #5
BBQ Centralite

I've got two. A 20"x42" offset and a 24"x48" smoker/grill with adjustable meat rack and the Big Wheels crank. Man I love those Big Wheels. I like the grill/smoker the best. It allows me to grill and and smoke and experiment with making ribs direct, cooking Pork Butts like they do in Carolina, directly over coals and it allows me to fire up something quick if I'm cooking brisket in the smoker. I also got the turkey fryer attachment which is great also. Just make sure that you use cast iron cookware when your cooking over it.

I love the workmanship on the Klose. The welds are second to none. The hinges are out of this world. I love the squeak the firebox door makes when you open it. The 1/2" thick steel fire box allows me to cook more efficiently especially in bad weather conditions. Also serves as a great place to heat your wood before burning. Got so hot one time that the wood spontaneously burst into flames while sitting on the box. The best benefit, it produces the best Q I've ever made.

What I don't like about it: Nothing really except for the shipping cost to get it here. My last pit cost me close to $.90 a lb for shipping and the pit weighed in at over 700lbs. Yeah they cost more than just about any pit out there but they will last a lifetime.

KCBS member & Certified BBQ Judge

The mission of the Kansas City Barbeque Society is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form.

Sic semper tyrannis!

http://www.impeach-barack-obama.com/

http://theglennbeck912project.com/
Kloset BBQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 04:48 PM   #6
BBQ Centralite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman
Did you see the one somebody has on e-bay for $7500? Looks pretty good for the price!
Woody, I took a look at it. It's not a Klose. It says Dave Klose Style mobile pit. I'll post the link of it over at Dave's site. He ought to know that people are using his name for their benefit and deceiving the public too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 90179&rd=1

KCBS member & Certified BBQ Judge

The mission of the Kansas City Barbeque Society is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form.

Sic semper tyrannis!

http://www.impeach-barack-obama.com/

http://theglennbeck912project.com/
Kloset BBQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 06:04 PM   #7
BBQ Centralite

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB
Is the pit really that tall or are you just really .... is the pit really that tall?
James.
Yep I'm, uh... the pit is high. The springs are on top of the axles. I don't know why they did that. Klose has a 40 or 42" pit on the lot with the axles on top of the springs. It sit much lower. I am considering moving mine, and putting skids under the firebox. I will probably have to cut my fenders off and raise them, too.

A local guy has a 24" Klose. His axles are on top of the springs. That makes it much more comfortable for a guy that is 5'8".
My springs are on top of the axles.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:19 PM   #8

Looks like Dave should be contacting ebay. Too late to do anything this time but I'm sure these jokers will be back.

"Of all the imaginary friends I've had, I don't think there was one that I didn't end up having to kill."

in seach of Umami
Finney is offline   Reply With Quote