Here's my first smoker a 76 model

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
its old but built like a brick s#@% house the metal is 1/8inch It is a Big Boy from Kelley manf. co. now out of business. the mod I did was cut a door in the firebox area so wood can be added without removing the water pan. She has 3 cooking grates & it is modular so you can just use 1 grate section if needed. I also added a electric element which can be removed to cook with wood or charcoal if I wanta. In electric mode smoke comes from wood chunks placed on the elements mounting plate.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a332/ ... 030220.jpg

I've seen cookers made from old propane tanks, but this is the first one I've seen made from an Army tank. :mrgreen:

Seriously, as long as you can put meat, fire, and "magic" (which you supply) inside, you'll get great bbq out.

You know the rules around here: cook, and post lots of photos!

[smilie=a_bravo.gif]

Yup that old boy will cook now, I had to replace the cooking grates a few times & the water pan. Brinkmans parts fit well. I guess I could throw a coat O paint on him, Huh? best damm $75 I ever spent 30 years ago.
I'll post some mods done on my other pits soon

007bond-jb said:
I guess I could throw a coat O paint on him, Huh? best damm $75 I ever spent 30 years ago.

NO, don't paint it!! Anyone who's watched the Antiques Roadshow knows that you ruin the value if you refinish it. (That ain't rust, it's "patina".) [smilie=a_bigteeth.gif]

Back
Top Bottom