Great website for ECB mods and smoking techniques

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trobinson017

Assistant Cook
I'm new here so I'm not sure if this has ever been posted. RandyQ's website which
contains some great mods for the Brinkmann ECB (El Cheapo Brinkmann). I just did all
his recommended mods on my new ECB and it works MUCH better! If you have an un-modified
ECB consider doing these as well!

http://www.randyq.addr.com/ecb/ecbmods.html

Tim

That's nice, but most folk around here have graduated up from a ECB. Not that it's a bad cooker. But why spend all that time on the mods and throw it out in a year or so. WSM all the way. Ya get what ya pay for!

Pigs

Oh I agree a WSM is the way to go....if you can afford it. I have the ECB because, well, I could afford it. One day the funds will be available to get a WSM, just not anytime soon. Thanks for the input tho!

trobinson017 said:
Oh I agree a WSM is the way to go....if you can afford it. I have the ECB because, well, I could afford it. One day the funds will be available to get a WSM, just not anytime soon. Thanks for the input tho!

WSM's are like children, If you hold off to afford them, you will never have them. :LOL:

Pigs

trobinson017 said:

If the ECB works for you right now...especially with the mods...good on ya for making those improvements!! Welcome to the forum!! :D

Larry D. said:
I cooked with one of these: http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/03/99 ... 00X500.jpg
for about four years before I bought a WSM. Keep cooking on that modified ECB, and keep an eye out for a WSM on Craigslist and other "for sale" sites.

I have had a few of those. Not a bad cooking buggy at all. I had a few of the shorter one's in the past too. Also had a Brinkman all in one at one time too. All that's left from that is the burner and stand. Makes a great burner for a big Speed Queen washer pot of chowder, or corn, or soup.

img_220498_0_164b198a05083f1f14b1093c2b700bda.jpg

Pigs

Back
Top Bottom