Electric Smoker ???????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Well wouldn't mind having one of them nice cookshacks or electric boosted Oylers myself. Just dont cook enough to justify a big monetary outlay and really got no good place to keep one when I aint using it. Looked at a Masterbilt from Ace Hardware..Sam's has em too. General vicinity of 200-300 bucks. Looked a bit delicate to me and had a real cheesy looking wood chip holder. Wound up with a an electric fired Brinkmann which I just love. Keep it under an inverted 55 gallon barrell when it aint in use..or when it coming a tornado or blizzard just set it up off the ground a few inches using a few bricks and it makes a good insulator for it. Aint got much control over the heat but with the water pan it don't seem to ever get outreagously hot and aint never had a problem with it being not hot enough. Chum stuck a gauge to the one he had and say it stay purty close to 295 on most occasions. $58 at Academy Sports. They now up to 68 looks like. Mine is about 3 years old and on the 2nd heating element but Academy is good about forking over another if you happen to need one. About $30 if you end up having to buy one. Does a great job on briskets..butts..turkeys etc. Guess a smart person could hook up some type of heat control for it..but I aint never been accused of being smart. You can stick some purty good sized chunks and small logs in it. It aint finicky about the wood sizes. I seen another that did have a heat control..forget the brand right now but it was a bunch higher and you had to move the meat and water pan to feed the fire. Silliest set up I ever seen. I need to braggin on mine so much..sure folks are sick of listening to me:)

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... -100606040

bigwheel

Well thanks. That upside down barell is an old trick an Aggie Injuneer taught me. He uses his on a regular charcoal fired ECB. Sorta figgered out a similar system using a #2 washtub dunked down on top whilst trying to cook chickens in a typhoon one time. That works purty good to keep the heat up in dire circumstances on R2D2 type gizmos too.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom