Direct TV on the Queen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

When I had DirecTV, I hooked the phone line up to get it started up and disconnected it for the next 4 years we had service. Never had a problem. The account information follows the card you have pluged into the receiver unit, but I think the receivers S/N had to be input through DirecTV before the card and receiver would work together...Can't remember back that far... :LOL:

ROCK ON!!! :(

BTW, if you ever watch NASCAR, notice when they show the pits, all the teams have DirecTV dishes up..

whatever the satellite internet thru DirectTV
for that you will need a phone line or some other internet connection

the satellite dish you have can only recieve info ... it does not have an uplink ... so you can't send requests ... only receive data

FATZ said:
Shawn White said:
whatever the satellite internet thru DirectTV
for that you will need a phone line or some other internet connection

the satellite dish you have can only recieve info ... it does not have an uplink ... so you can't send requests ... only receive data

Oh, so just hooking up a phone line won't help. Ahite, den.

Still got TV.
Yeah hooking up a phone line is what you would need to do.

You need a phone line and modem (a dial up connection, or your cell phone and an adapter) this is internet connection #1 on your computer. Your satellite ISP gives you a number to call and connection specific settings to use. When you surf your internet requests go to their proxy server. It gets the response then sends it to the satellite through their uplink and it comes back to your dish to your computer's second internet conection, a network card.

At least that's how the satellite internet works in Canada .... maybe you guys got a better system.

FATZ, I'm trying to help buddy :grin:

To get broadband in your van either get a mobile satellite uplink and receiver, or drive your van to an established wireless hotspot or get a VERY long network cable and hook it up to your broadband connection at home, spooling it out as you drive <kiddin on this one, there is a maximum network cable length before amplifiers/repeaters are required>

Kevin K might be able to help on that one..He browses the internet all the time while he's driving a truck! :eek: He uses a cell connection of some sort so I don't think it's broadband though...

Back
Top Bottom