building first smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have heard this concrete tool called a pig tail twister, but I still can't figure out what's up with the screwdriver. [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

Cliff H. said:
I have heard this concrete tool called a pig tail twister, but I still can't figure out what's up with the screwdriver. [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

That could be a handy gadget. When we load hogs for slathering we put a pail over there head and twist there tail to get them up the ramp into the truck, That tool looks like it might make them move a little faster! :LOL:

broncstomper said:
It's actually a set of tongs. My wife got the set from sears(looks like craftsman tools)It came with a spatula, tongs, sauce brush, and grill scraper. All have screwdriver handles but states on them that they are not gauranteed forever.
I have a set of those ;)
Great looking eats by the way ;)

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
That could be a handy gadget. When we load hogs for slathering we put a pail over there head and twist there tail to get them up the ramp into the truck, That tool looks like it might make them move a little faster! :LOL:

I don't know Pigs... that just sounds wrong. :?

"Slathering" hogs?!?!?!? [smilie=hump.gif]

Finney said:

I don't know Pigs... that just sounds wrong. :?

"Slathering" hogs?!?!?!? [smilie=hump.gif]
Is that like cow tipping?

Oh hell, another spelling nazi.Slaughter is the correct spelling. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to spelling. Joker usually handles this type of thing, but since he's gone ( for the hundredth time ) some has to take over. I guess.

Oh hell, another spelling nazi.Slaughter is the correct spelling. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to spelling. Joker usually handles this type of thing, but since he's gone ( for the hundredth time ) some has to take over. I guess.

I think Joker & Puff are one and both the same person!

Turn it on its nose and make yourself a multi racked upright direct cooker with or w/o an optional water pan. That be the highest calling for such a fine piece of pipe as whut you got. Offset pits are the pits. They attempt to break all the laws of physics..thermodynamics..global warming etc...unfortunantly without much success cept for the global warming part. Offset pits is a krewlish hoax foisted off onto dumb yups with gold visor cards. Just my .02 of course.

bigwheel

. That be the
broncstomper said:
Hey, I am new to this site and BBQ. I have just started to build my first pit and have a few questions. I am using a 24"diameter x 42" long tank that was supposed to be a high pressure air tank but it failed the pressure test. I was thinking the firebox should be about 24"x24" but that kinda seems big. I keep reading differing opinions about reverse flow but it seems like it woud be easier to keep an even temp. throughout the cooking chamber. Any help or opinions would be great. I will try to post pics of my progress soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom