Bobby Flay's BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokin' U

Senior Cook
Yesterday on "Boy meets Grill" Bobby did ribs. Did anybody catch what brand of grill he smoked the ribs on? He sauced and finished them on a kettle.

I dvr'd it, I'll check when I get home. I was hoping that was the episode
where he but the water pan of the WSM directly on the coals.

Thank you. It looked very interesting.

What did you think of the Maple Syrup/Horseradish sauce?

Re: Maple

Big Ben's BBQ said:
YUCK !!!!!! Bobby makes alot of things that I know I wont like. Lots of things I would like also. I sure wouldn't put maple syrup on my smoked ribs !!!!!!!!!!

I didn't see the episode so I don't know when he put the maple syrup on but when Bruce put it on the salmon it turned out great. I did the salmon similar to Bruces and it was fantastic!

After four hours in the smoke he finished the ribs with the Maple Syrup/Horseradish sauce on the kettle.

I assume it would be good because his rub didn't have any sugar.

Re: Jedmaster Legend

nmayeux said:
Big Ben's BBQ said:
The smoker in the episode of Boy meets grill is a Jedmaster. I consider them the best smoker's on the market. Here is the link

http://www.jedmaster.com/2635new.htm

Owned by Britts BBQ

Nice looking smokers, but would be nice if you could burn sticks! On a different note, whats the competition like up there in NS? I came real close to marrying a girl from across the harbor in Halifax, and I don't remember any BBQ to speak of. Anyway, I sure do miss those guys at the Buffalo Lodge.

You can add wood chunks to the coals on the Jedmaster cookers.

I'm keeping it until she dies!

Oh, that's who that is. I thought it was a picture of Don Knotts; I was going to say he had really gone downhill in the last year or two. She looks like she's wearing Monica's infamous blue dress and just looked down and noticed the white stain on the front. :eek:

I'm suppose to be retired, you guys are making me work way too hard...:eek:fftop: :rules: , :thx: .

Bruce, think of it as job security...you retired guys can always use a little cash on the side right ?

I assume gregs paying you for every thread you scold us on ....

Big Ben's BBQ said:
YUCK !!!!!! Bobby makes alot of things that I know I wont like. Lots of things I would like also. I sure wouldn't put maple syrup on my smoked ribs !!!!!!!!!!

When I looked at the whole recepe for the sauce, it doesn't sound as bad as you made it out to be. It kinda sounds good as a matter of fact.

Maple-Horseradish Glaze:
2 cups pure maple syrup
1/2 cup prepared horseradish, drained
2 heaping tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
Salt and freshly ground pepper

I'm a huge horseradish fan, however..........it doesn't sound very appealing mixed with syrup or on ribs! I could be and probably am wrong though.

john pen said:
Bruce, think of it as job security...you retired guys can always use a little cash on the side right ?

I assume gregs paying you for every thread you scold us on ....

I really don't want it to be seen as scolding. Let's just call it a gentle reminder. It's like when the Sergeant comes up to the guys and says, "How long you guys been in the station?

When I get around to trying it, I'll give you all a report on it. As I was eating my lunch, I thought that might taste good on chicken also.

Big Ben's BBQ said:

Maybe you should try it. I've had some success with maple syrup on ribs. I use a lot of maple in my backyard Q.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom