Best Place to Buy a 3" TEL-TRU for my UDS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h2opoolproducts

Assistant Cook
Hey guys. I am finishing up my first UDS. I wanted to pick up a 3" Tel-Tru for my drum. I thought I would see if anyone her has some recommendations as to an online source for picking one or two up.

I found kck.com and they seem to have a good selection but if there are folks on this forum tha sell them I would like to support those that support bbq central.

I have been reading through the forum for the past month and I have got to say you guys rock. There is a wealth of info in these forums. The willingness everyone has to help is amazing. I can't wait to get my smoker up and smokin' so I can share some food picks. I will say this site should not be visited on an empty stomach!

Keep on Smokin'

-Josh

h2opoolproducts said:
Hey guys. I am finishing up my first UDS. I wanted to pick up a 3" Tel-Tru for my drum. I thought I would see if anyone her has some recommendations as to an online source for picking one or two up.

I found kck.com and they seem to have a good selection but if there are folks on this forum tha sell them I would like to support those that support bbq central.

I have been reading through the forum for the past month and I have got to say you guys rock. There is a wealth of info in these forums. The willingness everyone has to help is amazing. I can't wait to get my smoker up and smokin' so I can share some food picks. I will say this site should not be visited on an empty stomach!

Keep on Smokin'

-Josh

Dude just go with this one since you ordered a stoker.
Also keep in mind that the temp on it will be 25 degrees less than above the coals!

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-BARBECUE-GRILL-PI ... 414cc245f5

Greg Rempe said:
h2opoolproducts said:
...Now I just have to wait for my Stoker, three week backorder...(

Did you look at the BBQ Guru?

I did. To be honest I am just getting started in this hobby and my my buddy Mike has been my mentor. I am joining his competition team and since he is using a stoker I thought why rock the boat. He knows everything about the thing and has his wireless operation working flawlessly. Had he not already been using the Stoker I am not sure what I would have done. Seems like both have their cult following.

On a side note I just wanted to say that since I was introduced to into the world of professional BBQ I have been doing a lot of research on technique and methods. Mike told me about your show and I must tell you I LOVE IT. I own my own online pool supply business. At the office I have have your show running all day. If I am not streaming it I am catching up on old episodes. I appreciate your enthusiasm and knowledge of the BBQ world. Thanks for putting together 1 hour of radio gold every week!

-Josh

I ordered the Stoker because Harry Soo recommended it to me and at the time the guru didn't have a web interface or software. Also the Guru didn't have a trap door on the fan that fell down when the fan wasn't on so air flow wasn't cut off. Plus I have to support the California economy.
Since then the Guru appears to be more solid, so long as there fans have that trap door.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom