beginner options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brewjester

Assistant Cook
Hi guys n gals,
I'm just learning about real BBQ and have been listening for a while. I found a local dealer who sells WSMs, Eggs, Weber stuff, and EGGessories. I'm looking at the WSM just to get started, but i wanna know is it a waste of money if I go to an EGG or another smoker?
How do u smoke with that kind of smoker? Do I need to soak the wood b4 I start the charcoal? Is it that easy to start or do I need something else? opinions needed!!!
Thanks for the input! Cheers!
Jeremy

bbquzz said:
Welcome Jeremy, you will never go wrong or pay more than you need to with a Weber. Once you get your cooker spend a little time cruising old posts here and check out The Virtual Weber Bullet.
True.

Get a WSM. You can always add an egg later if you want a ceramic, and if you get tired of the WSM you'll have no trouble selling it.

Hey Jeremy welcome. Think you have landed it in a pile of WSM pit vipers:) Better get it. Get the big one so you can lay them grand prize winning ribs out flat as the Lord intended they be cooked. Meat side down only of course.

Thx for the suggestions. I'll keep it in mind. gotta check the finances b4 I decide on what to do. I'll keep you guys posted.

I think these are enough things to make good taste bbq. I use to make smoke chicken with coals.

Look into building yourself an Ugly Drum Smoker (UDS). Cooks just as well as a WSM and can be made for less that $100

Back
Top Bottom