BBQ Guru

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hi i just found this group i just started trying to learn to bbq. just picked up a wsm. can you tell me some of the pros and cons of the bbq guru . or should i start out with a temp. probes for the meat and the wsm. would like to go the right way the first time... that way more money for meat :-D

After thinking about getting a GURU, I decided not to...it just isn't a need for overnight cooks! Now, if you are going to start smoking and then leave the house for hours on end then I can see where it might come in handy, but, if you aren't going anywhere but to bed then I don't see the need. The WSM holds temps really well and for a long period of time! JMO! :D :D

okay no Guru for now, where is a good place to get me a good thermometer . is the maverick ET-73 or the nu-701 any good. i would like to get the best of the two. or are their other that maybe better.. an where to buy them at..my wife says thanks about the Guru :cry:

Cortez, I'll go along with the advice you've gotten here. Learn to control your temps the old fashioned way first. It helps you understand what's going on. After that I've personally found the Guru an invaluable tool to help me balance queing with the other things that take up my time.

Back
Top Bottom