Back to barrells

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigwheel

Master Chef
Well nearly all the big Mom n Pop type Feed stores sell em down here. Think I gave 14 bucks for the last one had a removeable lid etc. Time before that was 12. As best as I can decipher the writing on the side (it is some kind furrin language) it say in a previous incarnation it held tomater sauce from Venezueala. Wouldnt surprise me a bit if Tractor Supply had some maybe. Now nearly any of the quick lube places donate either a big one or a little one but they is awful nasty. Algore prob wouldnt want you messing with it :) Now if you want to do it up right may as well order a factory model from my old pal Rocky Richmond. Just plug Big Drum Roaster into Google and you may get a few hits. Maybe at least figger out where the air holes get drilled etc.. :oops:

bigwheel

JamesB said:
Have you seen how much ol' Rocky is asking for those drums he drills holes into? Nothing wrong with asking as much as folks are willing to pay, but... It's way too easy to build your own for very little $...

For any of y'all folks interested in drum cookin' the brethren seem to have a real good sticky type how to posted over there. I've been samplin' tha' stuff that bites ya or I'd try to post a link. Bet y'all sober type interested could find it pretty easy ;)

Last I heard it was 40 bucks shipping on a free one. Never did hear the total price..but I can't wait to know.

bigwheel

JamesB said:
Have you seen how much ol' Rocky is asking for those drums he drills holes into? Nothing wrong with asking as much as folks are willing to pay, but... It's way too easy to build your own for very little $...

When I hung out with Barb and Bill Milroy (Texas Rib Rangers) I was shocked to find out that they cook their chicken and ribs on a BDS!!! There is footage on Bill using the BDS right here (at 2:33 into the video). You might notice the huge Old Hickory Rig in the Background - that's his too!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/znsLI37TnVo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/znsLI37TnVo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Great film Monty..thanks for the viewing privliges. Looks like Bill still needs his back shaved. He prob responsible for at least some of the Sasquatch sightings:)

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom