Back to barrells - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > BBQ Pit Mods
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
Official BBQ Central Mark

Back to barrells

Well nearly all the big Mom n Pop type Feed stores sell em down here. Think I gave 14 bucks for the last one had a removeable lid etc. Time before that was 12. As best as I can decipher the writing on the side (it is some kind furrin language) it say in a previous incarnation it held tomater sauce from Venezueala. Wouldnt surprise me a bit if Tractor Supply had some maybe. Now nearly any of the quick lube places donate either a big one or a little one but they is awful nasty. Algore prob wouldnt want you messing with it Now if you want to do it up right may as well order a factory model from my old pal Rocky Richmond. Just plug Big Drum Roaster into Google and you may get a few hits. Maybe at least figger out where the air holes get drilled etc..

bigwheel

bigwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
BBQ NOOB

I can get food grade drums with removeable lids for $12. I am in the Denton Texas area.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:48 PM   #3
Pork Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB
Have you seen how much ol' Rocky is asking for those drums he drills holes into? Nothing wrong with asking as much as folks are willing to pay, but... It's way too easy to build your own for very little $...
For any of y'all folks interested in drum cookin' the brethren seem to have a real good sticky type how to posted over there. I've been samplin' tha' stuff that bites ya or I'd try to post a link. Bet y'all sober type interested could find it pretty easy
Old 01-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #4
Pork Butt

Here's yet another discussion on drums.

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13224
Old 01-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #5

Last I heard it was 40 bucks shipping on a free one. Never did hear the total price..but I can't wait to know.

bigwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB
Have you seen how much ol' Rocky is asking for those drums he drills holes into? Nothing wrong with asking as much as folks are willing to pay, but... It's way too easy to build your own for very little $...
Old 01-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
BBQ Central College

When I hung out with Barb and Bill Milroy (Texas Rib Rangers) I was shocked to find out that they cook their chicken and ribs on a BDS!!! There is footage on Bill using the BDS right here (at 2:33 into the video). You might notice the huge Old Hickory Rig in the Background - that's his too!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/znsLI37TnVo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/znsLI37TnVo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Brinkmann Pitmaster

If there's a new way...I'll be the first in line...but it better work this time!
monty3777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #7

Great film Monty..thanks for the viewing privliges. Looks like Bill still needs his back shaved. He prob responsible for at least some of the Sasquatch sightings

bigwheel