Automated Pits - your opinion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gator1

Senior Cook
I have a couple of wood burners and would like to add one of the automated smokers - what is yall's vote on the best refridge style self regulated smokers?

Gator

I'm looking for low maint cooking for when I am not aorund to tend the fire. I know there are lots of choices, just trying to figure out the pluses and minuses of each brand.

I have heard good things about all previously mentioned - any more details about how they operate. IE gas vs. electric, pellets...ect?

I must be gettin lazy, I have always used wood but am getting tired of the whole deal; cutting wood, drying it, hauling it, firing it, cleaning it...etc etc etc. Sometimes I want a good brisket without all the fuss.

AM I crazy?

Gator

gator said:
I'm looking for low maint cooking for when I am not aorund to tend the fire. I know there are lots of choices, just trying to figure out the pluses and minuses of each brand.

I have heard good things about all previously mentioned - any more details about how they operate. IE gas vs. electric, pellets...ect?

I must be gettin lazy, I have always used wood but am getting tired of the whole deal; cutting wood, drying it, hauling it, firing it, cleaning it...etc etc etc. Sometimes I want a good brisket without all the fuss.

AM I crazy?

Gator

Check out the Spicewine Podcast and you can get some good info from that, I did!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom