a smoker for my household

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
still not finished hopefully to be completed by christmas.will have some up dated pics soon.

i am about 75% complete with the "metal work" on my smoker.i took the time today to set up the stones that i planned on using for the legs and don't know if i like it or not.maybe when it is in its permanent location and painted it will become more appealing to me.any feedback would greatly be appreciated.tomorrow i plan on painting and grinding and not in that order.lol.

yea i agree the stones i will split and use in the flower bed.....lol.
i am thinking of a single leg(6'' or 8'' sch.40 carbon pipe) attached to the firebox bottom and inbedded in the ground 3' to 4'.the stones are not working for me thanks.

i used 4x4x1/4 square tubing for the legs and i think they look ok. started grindng and cleaning up trying to get it ready for paint but i still have dampners to build and install.

Looks mighty kewlish. Fine job. Gonna need an axle under it so you can drag it down to the church charity County Fair etc. Person might even want to vend brats and dawgs out front of the local supermarket. The grocery stores love folks to do that..especially if you buy the raw ingredients from them. It knocks their typical totals into outer space.

Goober

trying to finish up some things got some handles and locks made up still got a ways to go to bee finished by november

vents and a handle for the firebox and two temp gauges (unsure of type gauge yet or location)and i think she will be ready to season.squirted it with flat black hightemp paint and installed some of the handles need to install them on the stack dampners will try to finish one day next week after work.

i started a fire this evening to see how she drafts and seems to be good.i forgot to install some more bracing on the expanded metal rack and the heat warped it a lil will fix this weekend all that is left is the temp gauges.gonna burn some more oak in it this weekend if have time.this is probably gonna wrap it up on this.i really appreciate all the input and the next post should be with meat cooking. :D

put on an 8 lb. pork shoulder and some leg quarters to see how she does hope we'll be having BBQ tomorrow and chicken tonite.......i hope....a whole hog is easy compared to cooking just parts at least it seems to me. :D

well the chicken was great with tater salad,texas toast & 3 bean baked beans but my lovely wife said next time take the foil off a lil sooner and it would make the skin a lil crispier which is more to her liking but i thought it was good anyway but i may be a little partial since i am the builder....lol.she promises to make me a pretty fair "patio chef" as she puts it.she talked me into putting another pan of chicken on with the shoulder so she wont have to heat up the house first of next week.
i would like to take this time to thank all you great people here for letting me be a part of such a great site it has help me in many ways with this build.next you will be bothered by me needing some instruction on a wide range of things that i have in mind to smoke.....lol. sincerely w.a. rodgers

I am very sorry I never came back and showed pics of this smoker in action but I will go by and get one of it from my friend I sold it to.it wound up being a great smoker.but due to circumstances out of my control with the divorce I was unable to keep it.
now I am starting another grill that I will be using a propane tank 250 gal. I believe is the size on an axle...any input would greatly be appreciated...again I am sorry

Back
Top Bottom