A few questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
The only thing that I would add is stay away from the gasket materials. My brother in law built a pit that had gasket and the health department made him take it off. They said that it was aspestous material. He asked about other kinds and they said they wouldnt accept any kind of gaskets do to the food. Just food for thought.

I doubt any type of gasket (except woodstove gaskets material) would work with the heat on a fire box, which doesn't mix well with food safety.But I imagine somewhere they must make asbestos FREE gaskets.

But if you are looking for a gasket on the seperate cooker area, I would go to any appliance dealer.... walk their showroom and pick out what gasket fancys you on one of their more industrial type oven doors......... and order replacement parts for as much material as you need.

Unless you're running your cooker indoors, why would it matter if it leaked a little smoke here and there? My cooker leaks in places and doesn't seem to effect the cook. Close tolerences on your cutting and fitting can eliminate most if not all leaks. If you make your opening/door edges with a "S" shape so they close "into" each other, you shouldn't have much leakage. Smoke is like water.... it will choose the path of least resistance, hopefully your cooker exhaust.

You can put as many exhaust stacks as you want... and as big as you want for looks. Just be sure to be able to regulate or close them to match the needs of your cook.

Butts, you can install any diameter stack you would like to for cosmetics. You install a "tube withih a tube" Use a large bore pipe for you weld on to the lid and fabricate a smaller drop in tube as per the air flow requirement. The inner tube would have concentric ring(s) welded to it and would slide into the larger/ decorative permanently mounted stack. You could then adjust the length and diameter of your stack(s) without sacrificing the look of the cooker.

Butts, you can install any diameter stack you would like to for cosmetics. You install a "tube withih a tube" Use a large bore pipe for you weld on to the lid and fabricate a smaller drop in tube as per the air flow requirement. The inner tube would have concentric ring(s) welded to it and would slide into the larger/ decorative permanently mounted stack. You could then adjust the length and diameter of your stack(s) without sacrificing the look of the cooker. The inside pie

OOPS! Just unconsously trying to get off the Noob List
Finney, that flew right by "me".

I thought the BBQ GURU gadget some love has solved the intake/exhaust issues for all times [smilie=a_hrm.gif]

butts,

Should have asked about Hillary shaped exhaustes :D :eek: [smilie=a_bigteeth.gif]

Truth be told, just make sure you can adjust the exhaust from nearly shut to full open... then it just don't matter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom